The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning.
        A beautiful day here in South east Ohio.  A chance of storms moving in tonight.  I picked up the steel for my front porch roof. It was a 17 mile drive each way. Gas locally was $4.95 but 6 miles away (enroute) it was $4.79 so I bought $40. worth. I am not driving the truck much so I don't want the gas to get old sitting in the tank.

I repaired a couple more of my saw horses because the two good ones have a mower deck on them waiting for a blade engagement cable. Then I put the roofing on the saw horses and predrilled it for the screws. The screws are drill screws but I have found the it leaves a slight dimple in the roofing because of the pressure you have to use to start them.
I only had 6 sheets to drill  and 24 holes to a panel. I left them stacked and banded and drilled all six  panels at the same time and for once in my life I got my drill bit properly sharpened and it took less than 10 minutes to do all the drilling. (I don't need glasses for the most part but I can't see to sharpen a bit anymore even with my optivisor.)

The back door concrete is a nice improvement. It makes it easier for my 12 year old dog to use the dog door. There was a 3 inch step down from the threshold .  

Have a grand day, and everyone stay safe and cool.  Don, stay out of the sun for a while. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 06-06-2022, 10:03 AM