The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(06-06-2022, 07:41 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Don:
There cataract sun glasses that do a very good job. They fit over regular glasses and have extra dark bits at the side. (You may or may not have glasses now.)

I have a model garage that has a welding light in it. I put out a sign "Do not look at the welding torch without protective glasses" and provide a pair of cataract glasses. One young boy asked "Are those real welding glasses?" and left in a huff before i could say that it wasn't a real welding torch either.

Good morning all, my vision is clearing up as the swelling goes down, it's just the bright light that's going to take a while to get use to. . Thanks David, I went to Walmart and found a rack of glasses like you mentioned, they were tagged as "glare glasses to fit over regular sun glasses". I bought a pair and they seem to help. I'll see if I can find some specifically for cataract removal patients, although, these may be all I need. I'll find out when I go to breakfast, I have to drive east, looking into a rising sun. Funny story, I wonder if that kid will ever realize what was going on... What you need is a scale sized welding helmet lying there. Waiting

Finally got my control panel mounted without drilling into the face of the panel or the frame. Now I have some wiring to re-solder and I can go back to laying track. Applause 

Take care everyone and stay safe, it's getting dangerous out there, shootings, road range, grocery shopping....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-07-2022, 06:14 AM