The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning
         Rain this morning followed by rain this afternoon. A day off from outside work. 

I bought a solar flag pole light from an ebay dealer and after charging the batteries it worked for 1 day, but it was cloudy so I gave it a chance and still no good. I replaced the batteries and still wouldn't work so I requested a return. Instead they offered me a 50% refund which I refused. This morning I got a full refund with no mention of return. They must figure it is cheaper for me to throw it away here rather than them having to pay return shipping so they can throw it away. Several years ago I got a Bachmann S$ with sound for $99 and it didn't work. The seller gave me a full refund and told me to keep the locomotive. When looking close at the box I saw it had been returned through Amazon as defective so I figure the seller may have bought one of those take you chance grab bags. I called Bachmann and told them what I had and the fellow I talked to was a friendly PRR modeler. For 45 bucks plus the 9 bucks postage to send it back they made it brand new and the sound is great. 

I am working on a brass AS 616. It had a big open frame motor but it only drew 3/4 of an amp on DC but it would only run a couple feet with a decoder so I have found a donor from a newer Athearn to try to make fit.  I have a lot of extra motors for steam locomotives but no new double ended shafts for diesels. I think I shall order a few to keep in stock. 

I am glad you found some sun glasses Don. I just bought a couple pair of polarized sun glasses because like you i have problems with sunlight. They work great, but are way darker than I need. They should work great for fishing though. 

Cheers
          Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 06-07-2022, 08:54 AM