The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 69 heading up to 83. The humidity is downright oppressive.

Been several crazy days that have limited my online time. Things started out well over the weekend. Wife was feeling better and we got some planting and other yard work done. I weathered the last Tropicana reefer and dullcoated a couple of Roundhouse express reefers in anticipation of adding weight, and metal wheels. Over the last fee days I built several more express reefers, wood reefers, and wood boxcars.

Sunday evening things went south. Our 14 year old cat suddenly had a seizure. She has never had one before. She had a second one in the middle of the night. We took her to the vet Monday. The vet found nothing obvious. However finding out we just bought a new Ottoman and the fact the cat was laying on it when the episode happened she recommended us covering the furniture with a blanket. Apparently some of the chemicals used for fire regarding and stain resistance can cause reactions in cats. We did so and have given the cat the medication the vet gave us. So far no more seizures.

To make things more fun I got a low tire pressure warning on the driver side rear tire. With the cat issues I had to wait until yesterday afternoon to get the tire fixed. Of course the tire could not be patched and I had to get a new one which I had expected. I know I am going to need new tires for inspection anyway.

Today the wife is scheduled to get an injection in her knee. I need to remove some ivy that is choking a couple of bushes.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-08-2022, 06:35 AM