The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
81 and sunny right now in Forest Hill, MD.

Took advantage of the nice weather to take the dog over to Rocks State Park to hike the White Trail. Going to the park takes you right along the former mainline of the Maryland and Pennsylvania RR (the Ma and Pa). Hard to believe that trains ran through there a little more than 60 years ago. My local model railroad store (up until 2 years ago) was the old Forest Hill Station, replete with "Choo Choo" Charlie. Sadly, Charlie is with the Ma and Pa now and his leftovers have been sold at auction. Not sure what the plan is for the station, but it is a beautiful building.

The bride and I will be headed to Fort Hood, Texas to spend a week with my son and his wife. The 1LT is on leave - his unit has had a series of rumors regarding where and when they might be deployed for six months to a year. That make me think a lot about what Don said about freedom not being free. Aaron's deployment options? Poland, South Korea and the Middle East... Freedom is not free.

My great (x7) uncle (Robert Morris) signed the Declaration of Independence. He didn't sign until at least August of 1776, but I still think about him and the others bold enough to put their signatures on that document to step into the abyss. Their only guarantee was probably at trip to the gallows if their volunteer army collapsed, but they stood up for what is right, and they stood together despite having huge differences in opinion on many subjects. We could all stand to think about that these days....
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 07-03-2022, 11:20 AM