The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 79 and heading up to 85 with a chance of thunderstorms later this afternoon.

We got done the planting we wanted to do over the weekend. I planted the remaining flowers for the front garden and the wife replanted the window boxes and concrete pots. The pansies that were in them were done. She also planted geraniums in a new pot she bought for right outside the back door. We had a small cook out with my daughter, her boyfriend, my wife, and I. Due to the stiffness and pain from the planting my daughter did the grilling and she came up with a fabulous grilled corn on the cob recipe.

We kept the puppy occupied so the fireworks did not bother her over the weekend.

I tried to run my Tropicana Orange Juice train but ran into issues. First was several derailments which were caused by out of line turnouts and debris on the track. Then came the uncoupling issues. These were caused by loose coupler box lids on several Con-Cor cars which I thought were okay. The new rule for all the Con-Co Tropicana reefers is to add grey Kadee washers to make sure the lids are tight and therefore the couplers do not bounce.

Today the wife has a appointment with the endocrinologist. Hopefully on the way home we will have time to hit the produce store. I hope to add the washers to the Con-Cor reefers' coupler box lids and get the Orange Juice train running.

Matthew, good luck with the surgery.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 07-05-2022, 08:06 AM