The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning.
         Cloudy here. I had to adjust the mower deck on my lawn tractor yesterday, some how it was 1 1/2 inch lower on one side and really made a mess cutting. It was a one bolt adjustment once I got room in the shop to put it on a level floor. Then I mowed the front 3/4 of an acre. I will do the back yard today. 

I got the doors and fenders hung on the motor home. The fenders were a breeze thanks to the 1/2 in battery impact wrench. Everything lined up just right. It took less than an hour total labor for both fenders. The doors were easy to hang and adjust but they needed new window channel weather strips and the last time I did one was 1974 so it was a relearning experience. It took me over 2 hours for the drivers door, and the passenger side took 10 minutes. I had to change the door locks to match the key. Another easy job once I remembered how to do it. It is amazing how much you forget in 40 years.  I did however do a lot of paint work on 12"= 1' scale locomotives so I don't think I will have much trouble doing the paint work. 

Gas here was 3.89 but diesel is still way overpriced. The truckers pay at the pump and we pay at the grocery store. 

Other than the little bit of mowing I plan on an easy day.  My friend (Railcop) and I are going to go to Schenley, Pa. on Wednesday to see what has become of the Kiski Junction RR. The line from Bagdad to Schenley was removed a couple weeks ago. They are going to bring a rail train in to lift the 10 miles that went to the mine at Logansport. The line will then be a trail. The paper says the trail will bring 3.5 million into the local economy every year. If you believe that I have a bridge I will sell you for half that price. 

I have been watching the radar map over Arizona and it does look like you are getting a little rain Don. I hope a lot of that goes to the north and feeds Lake Mead. 

Cheery week ahead for all. 
         Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 07-31-2022, 07:34 AM