The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 68 with occasional showers. High is supposed to be 85.

I built the new bed frame. I have to say the mattress feels firmer and more comfortable without the old box spring.We did a little weeding of the front gardens and I had to do a heavy cleaning of the fountain pump. On Sunday we ran to Delaware to get gas. With my grocery store points I paid $3.91. We also ran to the PetSmart and Michael's.

I was planning to finishing tuning up the Tropicana reefers but before I did I decided to run the locomotives I planned to use. One of the locos kept stalling. I made sure the track was clean but since the other loco ran fine I had suspicions something else was wrong. I turned the loco over and found the bottom of the trucks soaked with lubricant. I took the shell off and found lubricant everywhere. I then removed the rea trucks and took apart the truck. The gears, axles, and case are soaked in oil. I tried my best to clean and dry everything. I was going to reassemble everything when I discovered I could not find my tube of grease. I thought I bought some when I bought the gear lubricant. That is what lead to the trip to Michael's. Since they did not have any and I could not find any online with a reasonable delivery time I will stop at my least favorite hobby shop on the way home from work. I am looking for suggestions on what to do with cleaning and lubricating the loco.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-01-2022, 08:38 AM