The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks, boy, did we take a hit yesterday morning. There was so much water in some freeway underpasses that the pumps couldn't work fast enough and they got flooded. Some areas got close to two inches, big news... Bad wrong-way freeway crash a few miles from me and a few hundred feet from where we lived a few years ago. The driver was not impaired, she and a young girl didn't make it. There are signs all over when you enter a freeway the wrong way. Some off ramps here have detection devices, but that's mostly in the center of Phoenix on I-17 where all the drunk drivers seem to accumulate.

Looked up corner notching types for my N scale log cabin. I knew about full and half dovetails and V groove, but there must be 43,000 other ways to notch logs all dependent of the shape of the log and actually the ethnic builder and location of the cabin... I've decided that going the dovetail route is crazy difficult and wouldn't be seen anyway, so I'll wait until I see what Jim sends me so I can decide, round, flat, square, rectangle or whatever for the shape, then decide on how to notch the corners.

Time to go, it's Friday, big group gathers at Brenda's for breakfast. One day we expect Brenda to show up. She should be out of the hospital by now and recovering. Apparently weak and no hair still, but she's a very strong woman. Keep her in your prayers if you can.

Take care, have a great day, stay safe and stay cool....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-05-2022, 06:23 AM