The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a very uncomfortable 82 going up to 93. No rain until Wednesday, just hot.

We got none of the supposed heavy rain for the weekend. To the south down around Wilmington, DE and just a couple miles to the north along the PRR's Main Line got rain. We did see some lightening and hear thunder. Since it was hot outdoor was very limited. We did the plants moved around in the window boxes and I got some weeding of the front gardens done. I had to fiddle with the water fountain in the front garden as it apparently was sending the water out of the basin. I also moved a plant from the backyard to the front patio. My son attended a back to school bookbag give away as a vendor so I helped him transport stuff to and from the site Saturday and then the wife and I ran some errands. I shampooed all the area rugs in the house. Sunday went to Delaware to get gas. Paid $4.09. I didn't have any grocery rewards this time. Price was about 25 cents lower than any Pennsylvania prices. We then hit the grocery store for the weekly restocking.

I finished cleaning and lubing one locomotive. I then tested it and it now runs better than before. It also has more pulling power. I began working on the second loco. I pulled apart the rear truck and cleaned off the excess oil. This locomotive is not as bad as the first. There is oil all over the trucks and the frame near the trucks unlike the first one that had oil everywhere. I wanted to test a couple of new locos I got but I did not get the chance.

Tonight is pretty open. I have to put the trash on the curb but little else so here is to hoping I can get some train time in.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-08-2022, 06:51 AM