The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening.

I was able to get the padding down on the motorhome floor and I changed the spark plugs. I thought there was a miss and sure enough one plug had a shorted electrode. The plugs were like new but not my preferred brand so it has a set of Motorcraft plugs, new old stock made before 1978  I got them for 2.10 each including tax and shipping. Having worked as a Ford Parts Manager I actually remember what the plug part number was before they went to the new type (and all the problems we had when they first changed) , I then laid out the new front carpet that has been in the box since February and put it in place so it will flatten. On the very last spark plug I dropped it and when I got down to pick it up I felt a rib go 
I don't know what happened but it is either out of place or broken. I took a spill Monday but didn't think I was hurt but that may have been the root cause.

Tom (PM) I hope you get some relief from the pain. I have been there and it isn't any fun for sure and crimps your ability to get things done.

Fiatfan, I worked at A Lincoln-Mercury dealership in 1969 and young and foolish my brother and I both bought Comet Sport Coupes. They had 428 CID Cobra Jet engines and 4:30 drag packs. We raced them that summer when they weren't broke down. We often were winners and I ran a different class because I added ram air so we did one time both win our class the same night.
That car broke me of racing and broke me financially too Wink   It was a real disappointment because you could not keep the valve guides from wearing. We sold 7 cars total with that engine and I can't tell you how many heads total were replaced under warranty Mine had 4 heads and an engine replaced in the first 9000 miles and even under warranty I just could not afford to drive it so I got a used 71 Country Squire. I just can't get excited over fast cars but my second oldest, a Ford master Tech for 30 years has a foxbody mustang with a 700+ horsepower engine that he races. He is a real gearhead (and a train nut too) 

We have had sprinkles today but we still need a good soaker. Perhaps tomorrow.

Don, I hope you are doing great. I am anxious to see the log cabin come together.  I got a photo of the one I lived in. It was taken just before they tore it down. A real shame. 

One other thing. I am 78 years old, and yesterday I made my first ever fried green tomatoes. I was very pleasantly surprised at the taste. I really like them. I breaded them using an egg dip and bread crumbs and deep fried them untl golden brown. It makes me wonder how many other things there are to be sampled. I never turn up my nose at foods, they are always worth tasting and I know how tastesw change over the years so something you like when you are young you may not like so well as you age and visa-versa 

Good night to all.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 08-17-2022, 09:05 PM