The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 81 and a really nice day thus far. High will be 89. Weekend will be hotter but hopefully the humidity will stay away. A possibility of showers on Sunday.

Having physical therapy last night meant that not much got done. I did get the trash out to the curb and water the plants. During lunch and breaks at work I built a PRR 40 ft steel box car Accurail kit. I also worked on a New Haven wooden boxcar kit also from Accurail. I had trouble with weight staying glued so I cold not assemble it. I will try today. The third car I worked on was a Burlington covered gondola. It is a kit I picked up somewhere for a couple of dollars. It came in a Roundhouse box but it is an Athearn blue box model. As a matter a fact I believe it is a Bev-Bel model. Everything went well with the kit except the screws that came with it are not Athearn and therefore do not fit the trucks. I have extra Athearn screws so I will finish it later.

For the weekend I still need to trim the weeping cherry tree and weed the side garden. Not sure what else I will do around the house but there is always laundry. I will need to make a run for gas for the car probably to Delaware and then there are runs to the produce store, grocery store, and PetSmart. I need to spruce up the car and get things out of it since Monday it goes into the auto body shop for at least two weeks.

I have a couple kts to finish by replacing a broken truck on one, and adding the correct screws to attach the trucks. I have two Con-Cor Tropicana reefers that need washers added to the lid of the coupler boxes to tighten the seal and stop the couplers from bouncing excessively. Then there are a slew of cars to tune up. I have a couple new locos to test.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-19-2022, 08:12 AM