The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Well good morning.
       I got conned big time last night. Wink My son stopped by with a small box containing 8 ore cars, a scale test car, and 2 REA stake body trucks for me. Then he asked if I wanted to sell him my US Army gun (on rails). Of course I asked if the box of goodies was a bribe Smile  I told him he could have it along with all the other cars and locomotive that made up the AHM army train. I don't run it and I really need the shelf space for other displays. 

I put the section of carpet on the dog box cover and put the dog box back in the motorhome. I also took the pedestal off the drivers seat to paint it and install new ball bearings. 
I searched for new bearings on line and I discovered that walmart.com had an offer of 100,000 for only $13,119.13 and there was a 5 star review. I wonder what I could use the left over 99,976 bearings for Wink  These search engines are absolutely useless any more.  They are getting paid for the ads that pop up and what you are searching for is buried deep in the results. Ebay gets so much of my business because I usually get good hits without all the garbage on their searches. 

I had been trying to figure how to raise the seat a bit and discovered that the pedestal has 4 holes for height adjustment. the section that telescopes was jammed and missing the pins so some work with a wire brush inside and a little luhe and a new pin I will be able to raise and lower the seat as needed. 

We got over 2 inches of rain overnight and it looks like we may get some more today. We needed it.  I hope the rain continues all over the country in the drought stricken areas. Maybe we are in the begging of a new weather cycle. 

Don and Tom, I hope you will continue to heal. 

Cheers
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 08-21-2022, 07:29 AM