The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 71 with rain on and off. We just had a few minutes of heavy rain pass through. Going to be like this all with a high of 81.

We got some of the gardening done as I did some weeding and deadheading on the hosta. I did not get to the weeping cherry tree. We ran our errands. On Sunday we took a trip to Linvilla Orchards which is a local farm and store. Bought a bunch of outdoor Halloween decorations and goodies from the food shop.

I finally finished updating the coupler pockets on the last two Con-Cor Tropicana reefers by adding washers to the outside of the lid to prevent the coupler from bouncing around in the pocket and causing uncoupling and derailing. I then ran a train consisting of the two Athearn RTR RF&P GP-40 locos I recently cleaned and lubed, 13 Tropicana reefers from Athearn blue boxes, Con-Cor, and Bachmann with an Athearn blue box RF&P caboose. The train ran smoothly. I ran it for about 45 minutes with no stalling, derailing, and/or uncoupling. One of the best operating sessions I have had in a long time.

Today I finally drop the car off at the auto body shop. Not sure what else will be happening today. I am happy to say the medication they gave me for my back and hips does seem to be working. I am not getting those times where the pain was a "9". When I get pain it is usually in the "3" to "4" range.

Don, hope you are feeling better soon.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-22-2022, 06:30 AM