The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, down to the last few days of August, one week until Labor Day. Not sure if there are any big deal celebrations, maybe somewhere on the beaches where they can cool down a bit. For us, 106 today, pushing 110 tomorrow and around 105 on Labor Day. No rain in sight, just heat and high humidity (35%) to make going outside miserable and even worse when the A/C power bill shows up. Lots and lots of houses now have solar. "save hundreds on your power bill" they say. Yup, and all but about ten bucks of that goes to the solar company to pay them for the panels. In Surprise, there's an ordinance making it illegal to solicit if you have a "no soliciting" sign on your house. I have one up and still get guys, "oh, we're not selling anything, I'm here to save you money". I guess the solar companies don't know the definition of "soliciting".

No changes in gas prices, filled up at Costco yesterday, got a busy week ahead starting early this morning.

Spent some time yesterday working on my logs. No success in getting decent notches on the ends. The wood is spitting when I trim the ends, even using a diamond cutoff wheel or a shop knife, and they're too soft to get consistent notches. I've got several shapes of cutting bits and some small files that might work. Hey, it keeps me off the streets and occupied doing something I like to do. Looks like I'm in need of a few more jigs to hold things steady.

Take care and have a great week... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-29-2022, 06:14 AM