The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 70 going up to 75. We have had heavy rain most of the morning. Flash Flood warnings are posted until 11 AM. Some of the major expressway are flooded. Here at the job site we have some minor flooding on the roadways and the river is up but nothing to worry about yet. At the moment it is raining what I call normally. If the the heavy stuff comes back we could have issues.

Had a pretty productive three day weekend. I got the weeping cherry tree trimmed. We did some other gardening and got some weeding done. The wife returned a couple of items she ordered to the store. W made the grocery store and PetSmart runs. I picked up my car from the auto body shop. Everything seems okay but I want to give it a week or so before I decide. Today will test if there are any leaks.

I organized the reefers and put them in bins accordingly. I also checked over the Red Caboose and Athearn RTR Tropicana reefers I recently purchased. I purchase the Red Caboose reefers out a discount box at the LHS. They were rung up as used but on most of them I can see no signs of wear. I got them because the price was half of what I am seeing them go for on Ebay. That said I am not impressed with Red Caboose. I have not been impressed with them for awhile. I seven reefers. None of them were problem free. On all seven I had to adjust the coupler pins so they would pass the Kadee couple gauge. Two of them have loose weights. Four of them have parts that need to be glued back on. None of the parts are broken they just came off. The three Athearn RTR reefers I just recieved have no issues other than the McHenry couplers and I need to add a screw to the coupler box clips. I got to successfully test some new locos that were just delivered.

I have therapy this evening. I hope it goes well after some of the issues I had after the last session with pain the next day.

I hope I can work on tuning up some rolling stock tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-06-2022, 07:16 AM