The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all
        Worked in the train room for about 4 hours last night. I have really neglected it for the last year but coming back into the mood. 

Jim a solar maintainer would involve mounting it and I will not put any holes in the roof. sooner or later they leak.  I took everything off the roof that wasn't needed by me and repaired all the mounting holes before I sealed the roof. The reason the battery went dead was all I have been doing is starting the motor and letting it run such a short time that it doesn't have time to recoup before I am shutting it down. I do have a maintaining charger that I can hook up to it but the charge lasted over a year so I never gave it a thought. The house battery is Isolated from the main battery and I can install a switch that would let the house battery provide a boost to start the engine, Just another project left to do. 

I am going to my sons this afternoon to help him with a window project. He needs some custom made trim so I need to get measurements and make some templates so I can cut and plane the pieces. 

Don, I looked at the National Hurricane center this morning and Kay isn't even on the map anymore I hope some folks got some rain but no floods. I lost my good weather app and haven't found a good replacement. NOAA weather was good at one time until the government found out it was too easy to use. Navigating any government site is unnecessarily complicated.         

I hope everyone enjoys the week end. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 09-10-2022, 06:11 AM