The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(09-12-2022, 08:09 AM)Charlie B Wrote:           Tom in Pa, what software do you use for your model inventory? I have started one using a spread sheet but I would like something a little better, and It would have to have a place for location so I know which set of drawers to locate it in. That would also be useful for locating small parts I use for building. 

Charlie, I am using MicroSoft Access. For me it is the easiest database program since I used it at work. It can be a pain sometimes but it has a lot of flexibility. So if I wanted to add a category for location I just add it. Since you have a spreadsheet you may be able to import the spreadsheet into Access. The hardest thing is creating the input form. Below is what I created for my Rolling Stock. I have a seperate file for Locomotives.

[Image: Hk0hJwz.png]

[Image: nauurH1.png]

The locomotive screen needs a great deal of work to make it look like the rolling stock one.

Due to file size I had to create a database for rolling stock and another for locomotives.

I really like it. The data is searchable. I can get a listing of just Tropicana reefers or all 40 FT Boxcars. I can do the searches on the input form or make a report. This is great because it helps me from getting duplicates.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-12-2022, 09:07 AM