The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people, looking at the rain map, there were scattered showers all over the valley, the closest to us was about about five miles to the north and just enough to measure, meaning my truck is probably just pockmarked with mud. Just one unusual warning, "There is a marginal risk of severe weather today.", says one report meaning that they don't have a clue what's going on.

That smoke alarm still finds odd times to chirp, fortunately, it kept quiet all night. Rightfully, I should change all the batteries out twice a year that would make the fire dept and the battery manufacturers happy, but I've got 9' ceilings and it's not easy climbing tall ladders at my age, so I wait until one goes and replace it. I changed them all when we moved in to this house almost five years ago, and this is the first one to fail. You are right David, the batteries are just in case of power failure and by then, you can be sure you'll know that something is happening, but the code says you need battery backup and so here we are... chirp, chirp, chirp...

No appointments for the rest of the week, I hope that gives me time to go back and work on my log cabin. Everything else is caught up so I don't have any excuse.

Gas is on it's was up, Costco is up to $3.88, I see lots of stations now well over $4.00, but Tucson is running about a dollar cheaper. I see grocery stores aren't just raising prices with inflation. If something was $4.99, it's now $5.99, I guess it's easier and they can get away with it. A can of soup at Walmart that was around a dollar a few months ago is now $1.68.

Take care everyone and enjoy the day.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 09-13-2022, 06:24 AM