The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and dark at 4:45 AM in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Warm again today with a high in the mid 80s. Currently it's 69.

Yesterday was a little different. My phone line went dead a little after 8 AM. Since it also contains my internet I was incommunicado for most of the day yesterday. I called the phone company and the young lady insisted that the problem was with my modem. I tried several times to explain that without a dial tone the modem was useless.. Finally she scheduled a service call - for next Monday. Two hours later they discovered that the problem was theirs, not mine. I put out a text to the family and the text storm raged for the next hour with various suggestions ranging from pony express to carrier pigeons to tin cans and string. I told them that I appreciated all the creative suggestions and then told them they were all out of the will - again. Everything was back on line by 10:30 last night.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 09-15-2022, 03:54 AM