The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a crisp 58 this morning. I think a little chillier along the Schuylkill River. I needed my hoodie as I did my first walk around the site at 6 AM. Going up to 78.

I have not had a chance to post the last few days. Things have been crazier than normal at work and home. The project has shifted from doing the temporary things such as the cofferdam to doing the permanent items such as excavating for the new dam structures. Home has been centered around my wife's upcoming surgery. A visit to the cardiologist for clearance and yesterday was the pre-admission testing. Today she finds out what time she has to be at the hospital Monday.

I did get a chance to weigh some of the Roundhouse 50 FT wood express reefers. They are all light. Each needs about an ounce or an ounce and half to bring them up to NMRA's recommended weight.

I think we will try to do some gardening over the weekend. I have the weeping spruce to trim in the front and some bushes in the backyard. There is also some weeding to do. I have some grocery shopping to do and get gas for my wife's car and my car.

I have the Athearn Blue Box Union Tank Car to finish fixing. I need to add the brake wheel and the placards and then reassemble it.AFter that there is a Shell tank car with the same issues. Then there is horde of cars needing tuning up. I now know the Roundhouse express reefers need weight added. Perhaps I could even run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-16-2022, 06:57 AM