The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, folks

It is currently 62 and finally sunny. High will be 74.

I know I have not posted in about a week, but it has been a wet and wild week. No pun intended. Starting last Friday, we had six straight days of rain. We had a little of everything; drizzle, showers, steady rain, downpours, and thunderstorms all thanks to a high pressure that blocked the remnants of Ian from moving up the coast and I even heard one weather person say it turned into a Nor’easter. The job site became a muddy mess. It felt like we were trudging through dinosaur diarrhea. It will take me a week to get the accumulated mud off my boots.

Just to make things interesting my wife has been having some complications after the surgery. Luckily it is nothing serious and does not require any further surgery. As she loses weight it will help with resolving the situation. However, weight loss is slow, and she requires some help from medication. The approved medication for her issue and for age unfortunately will put 10 to 15 pounds on and make it difficult to lose any additional weight. The other choice is approved for women pre-menopause but not in post-menopausal, thus the insurance will not cover it. She can obtain it but the cost is in the neighborhood of $700. However, in Canada it would cost about $150. I am currently evaluate the costs of making a trip to Canada most likely Niagara Falls versus buying it locally.

The rain has prevented us from putting up the outside Halloween decorations. We have completed the inside ones. I am working tomorrow, Saturday, so that will delay getting the outside done. We are also scheduled to get our COVID boosters and flu shots. Sunday I should run down to Delaware and get gas for the car and run it through a carwash. Six days of mud needs to be removed.

Despite the craziness of the week, I did get train stuff done. I replaced the couplers, added screws to the coupler clips, and metal wheels to a couple of Reading Athearn blue box coaches. I added screws to the coupler clips on a Western Maryland three box car Athearn Special Edition blue box set. The cars already had metal wheels and Kadee couplers. I figured out a way to store a couple of new locomotives that I can’t reuse the boxes they came in to store them. Lastly, I reorganized my cabooses and M.O.W. equipment and put them in bins to make it easier to find stuff.

I am hoping to change the couplers over on three Bachmann poultry transport cars. I would like to build a three-car set of New York Ontario & Western coal hoppers that were made by Train Miniatures of Illinois. Anyone hear of them? I have an Athearn Special Edition set of two 50-foot plug door Baltimore & Ohio boxcars to build. And finally, I would like to run some trains.

Does anyone know if on the new Bowser HO rolling stock if their knuckle couplers are plastic or metal? I can't tell for sure but I think they are plastic in which I have a bunch to replace.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 10-07-2022, 08:47 AM