The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, good morning, it's Saturday and it's my normal sleep-in day, but after spending four days sitting in a car or train, I was tired. We did do a last-minute trip to Durango this week instead of next. My friend and his wife are now heading up to Oregon as we speak, so we had to change plans. We also took one day to drive through old Indian ruins at Mesa Verde, not far from Durango. The train ride was exquisite, nice scenery and a vintage train pulled by two narrow gauge steam engines. I have a bunch of photos, I'll see if I can find a few that are worth posting. The weather was very nice there, lots of rain, except for the day we went on the train, no rain all that day. Worship

One thing that had us wondering is that Flagstaff usually has the highest gas prices in the state, but nope, just a bit over $4.00 while we here in the Phoenix area are paying $5.00 and more. As we got onto the Apache Reservation, it was even less, as low as $3.87, now this is well out in the middle of nowhere so why are they sticking it to us here in the Phoenix area?

Anyway, we had a nice trip, now I need to take a day or two and rest. Fortunately, there's some football today and tomorrow.

I understand we were down for a while, I hope not too long. And I hope we stay up, I saw Pat as I got back and he was just leaving town for a few days, so he's not going to be any help if we go down again.

Take care and have a great weekend...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 10-08-2022, 08:08 AM