The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 42 outside my window this morning. Our very good friends at the National Weather Service has scheduled clear skies and dry conditions for those partaking tin the annual harvest here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa with a high in the mid 70s. Tomorrow will be similar but a little more windy. Then cooler weather arrives tomorrow evening along with a 50% chance of rain.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Watched a rain shortened F1 race. Fortunately I had taped it since it was broadcast at midnight last night. I was able to fast forward through the broadcasters attempts to fill the space while the red flag was in effect. After that I went to the cemetery and tended to the graves for my wife and son. After all this time (7 years fr my wife and almost 2 for my son) it still seems unreal.

In the afternoon I traveled to Boone for a football game for my great-grandson. I left early enough that I was able to take a quick tour of the Boone and Scenic Valley Railway. I was looking for a birthday gift for a modeler friend but couldn't find anything there.

Gas price was holding steady $3.69 through the weekend. Kind of afraid to look this morning when we have our weekly Monday price hike.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 10-10-2022, 04:51 AM