The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon. 
        We got our new phones yesterday and we now have excellent service at home. I am ditching the Straight talk land line. It worked fine until they started going to 5g. I wanted to use the home phone number on my cell but all I got was grief and aggravation. I try to do everything I can with online typed chat because the folks on the other end do not speak the same English that I understand and usually the phones they have are a step lower in quality than the ones we played with as kids. All I needed was the account number and a pin but we had to go through the verification BS of a text message and a phone call. The text was ok but the call was not at all understandable. I got back to the rep and just frankly told them that making things hard to quit would not work with me because I use a virtual credit card that can be canceled (which I did) so no more auto pay. 

We were using US Mobile for our cell phones but even though we got a good connection most places (they use verizon towers) we had no service at home. I had called many times and tech support had me download an app but nothing worked. I asked if they could change my service to another one of their partners but I was told nothing was available to do that. Lo and behold when I called to port my number they kept trying to keep me, and offered to switch my service to the T-mobile tower (which I can see and is 8/10 of a mile away. I finally told them just give me the needed account number and pin and then I was told I wasn't logged in to my account so they would have to have me log in.  I played their silly game because I wanted to keep our numbers but had to go through with a sales pitch the second time. I had to get a bit testy but the rep finally gave me what I needed and we are up and running and the service and the new phones are so good I might even use mine. We went with T-mobile and got a very reasonable plan with unlimited everything so the landline will soon be a memory. 

I need more rest today than I would have needed had I run a marathon. 

Getting packed for a couple days visit to Wayne and Ed. It has been a long time. I hope the weather holds.

G'day
        Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 11-09-2022, 12:22 PM