The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Yep, as I forecasted earlier in the week Nicole put the kibosh on my annual Bucketball golf tournament today at Pilgrim's Oak. Decided to get up early and took the dog for a walk on the northern section of the Ma and Pa trail (named for the Maryland and Pennsylvania whose roadbed became a rails to trails effort). Cadbury was really happy to get a walk in after 4 days stuck at home while I was at work and my wife is in Hawaii.

Once I got back home I cleared my desk of some stamp collection stuff and got right to work on polishing off the snowplow addition to my Reading SD45, sharing pictures here on Big Blue and adding a blog entry for my SD45 renovations on the website.

While grabbing some pictures the EL SD45 started to act up again. Motor runs and then decides to quit. Gotta get in and check some connections between the motor and board - something's not right.

Screwed down the decking to support the Lehigh River on Mud Run and started adding supports for the fascia there. Hoping to start scenery construction over there this weekend unless I run up to my mom's house. The previous owner of her house put a window in between a family room and a mini-kitchen in her cellar. She wanted me to cover it up with shutters as a Christmas gift, but I'm thinking it would be much better just to remove the window and sheetrock both sides, so I may head up there Saturday or Sunday.

Heard Indian Summer is probably going to end after this tropical moisture gets out of here. Got some leaves to chop up with the mower this weekend, a holly tree to cut down, and some plants that need to move. Can't do that today, but it'll be front and center sometime this weekend.

Echo the Veterans Day thoughts. My son's a 1LT at Fort Hood right now and with all of the craziness going on in the world at the moment, I always get a bit antsy about egotistical world leaders doing their saber rattling. For all of you who have served, my thanks for protecting our freedoms.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 11-11-2022, 02:00 PM