The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Spent my Friday off running up to my mom's in the Lehigh Valley to remove the window between her downstairs kitchen and her rec room down there. Interior wall. Complete exterior window - no more. Replaced it with a couple sheetrock panels, screwed that into the adjacent studs, taped and mudded. My youngest brother's graciously offered to sand it tomorrow and hit it with a couple more coats of mud prior to having mom paint it before Thanksgiving.

And as usual, mom had a couple other odds and ends that needed attention. Bird had made a nest in her dryer exhaust by dismantling the louvers. Mom had bought a replacement cover, but it wasn't a 1-for-1 replacement. Got my engineering cap out and laid waste to what she bought and installed it over the old one - I think it's now birdproof. My middle brother and his wife had bought her some pendant lighting to hang over her island (which already had some can lighting over it. Left to me to figure out how to rework the lighting, wiring, and an updraft fan assembly that isn't wired to anything. As a result, I have a wordworking assignment to carry out (building a box to cover the lighting and fan and support the new pendants) before Thursday when I go back up there to eat turkey.

Took Caddy on the 2.5-hour trip up and back in the pickup. I could tell he was grateful to get out each time and stretch his paws. Snowing all the way from Kutztown to the PA border tonight and PennDOT trucks were waiting to throw salt at all of the exits. Winter is here.

Tomorrow's the last day of bachelorhood - I pick up the bride and my father-in-law early on Sunday. I may get some stone building done for Mud Run if I can knock this thing out for mom.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 11-18-2022, 07:38 PM