The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, folks

It was a darn cold 24 as I walked along the Schuylkill River this morning at the job site. Lots of ice all over the job site. Looks like one of the pumps failed over the weekend and more water than usual got into the excavation area. Predicated high is 41.

I had a busy and productive weekend around the house. Saturday, my daughter and I reorganized the garage and put away all the outdoor furniture. I still have the canvas roof to take off the backyard gazebo. We got the cabinet under the kitchen sink cleaned out and reorganized. There was a lot of “When was the last time we used this?” questions asked. Sunday was a recovery day. We changed the table clothes for Thanksgiving and did some laundry.

Unfortunately, due to the house chore productivity the modeling suffered. On Sunday I did get to run my new Bachmann Spectrum PRR K4 with four Broadway Limited PRSL P70 coaches. At first things we frustrating as the tender kept uncoupling from the coaches at one of my trouble spots. Checked the tender coupler and the coach coupler against the Kadee coupler gauge. The coach was correct but the tender coupler was a little low and was also an EZ-Mate coupler. Changed out the coupler with a Kadee #147 (whisker with a medium underset shank). Everything worked perfectly afterwards. Ran the train for a good hour and even got some video.

Today’s plan is to stay warm. I need to make a few trips out to the job site to see what the contractor is up to. We had a concrete pour on Friday, and another is planned for Wednesday. I need to make a pharmacy run on the way home.

I need to covert some couplers on some Bowser and Athearn RTR cars. Maybe if time allows build some Blue Box kits or Accurail kits.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-21-2022, 08:13 AM