The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Another 3-day weekend has come and gone. Yesterday was spent at our parish's Christmas Bazaar - I was in charge of the "Wise Man Cave" in the Magi Marketplace. People donate crap they want to get rid of, and a remarkable amount of junk makes its way into homes. There were a few RR-related items, but nothing I wanted or figured would be worth trying to sell. My original plan was to work until 10 AM and then go home to watch the World Cup match against the Dutch. Nobody else showed up in my room, so I was stuck. Probably a good thing - the US is out, and I don't really care to watch the rest.

76 days until I'm retirement eligible (at age 56 and 4 months). Frosty morning on the way to mass, had to be lower than 35 at 7 AM.

Started refurbing a small desk for my wife that she picked up from my mom. Sanded it and applied a gel stain. Ran over to Home Depot and picked up some polyurethane that I'll be laying down in the coming days. While I was there, I looked at some better lighting options for Mud Run. Found a tilting 3-head LED unit and picked up a dimmer. Got home and installed, wired the dimmer hot and only got a brief jolt when I touched both sides of the switch. Early returns are good - much more consistent light with great uniformity, and the dimmer's gonna be very nice to get the right light level. I think my future photos should be a lot better as a result.

My wife picked up some snow crab that was on sale, nice treat we just polished off. Currently winning an auction for another Reading GP39-2 (an Atlas). If I win it, I have plans to retrofit it into another Delaware and Hudson 1976 transfer to run it with the Apollo and maybe retire one or both of my C628s. While I'm waiting on the auction to end I have to put my creative juices in gear and pen this year's Christmas letter. This Hobo Camp letter was a delaying tactic to avoid starting and to start getting the juices trickling, but it's time to get cracking.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 12-04-2022, 04:40 PM