The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(12-04-2022, 08:25 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Tmo:
Are you planning to retire directly out of employment or wait a bit (another job?)   Check on what are called "Other post-retirement benefits". Often, these do not apply if you postpone collecting the pension.  (It is also possible that the company does not supply any. Oops.)

I'm having connectivity problems.  Cable TV is not providing most of the channels. The cable co has promised us a new box. They did that almost 2 years ago as well.
Internet is sporadically flaky.  We listen to radio over the internet (wi-fi radios) and these seem to drop the connection frequently. The computer connection went down twice since 8:00.

I work for the Army, supervising engineers who test equipment before it gets into the hands of our troops or trying to improve what they've got.  It's a good and interesting job, and at this point in my career I'm going to stick it out until for about 6 more years.  62 is a bit of a magic age, I'd be eligible for Social Security (if it still exists) at that point and there is a pension increase that kicks in to incentivize staying that long.  Thanks for the warning on post-retirement income, there are definitely some hidden hurdles out there! Hope they straighten out your connectivity issues - it can be aggravating to rely on something you pay for and not get consistent service.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 12-05-2022, 04:50 AM