The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, welcome to another work week and the countdown to Christmas. It was a wet weekend, and maybe more this week. Just to show how dry this year has been, we officially have just under 5" of rain for the year, about half of normal. And Lake Mead is got just a few more feet to drop before they shut down the generators. We get a lot of our power from the dam and so does Las Vegas, can you imagine playing poker by candlelight. We have a nuke power station about 50 miles from here, but from what I understand, most of that power goes to California. I remember when they built it, Arizona Public Service started putting a charge in everyone's bill to pay for its demolition whenever that happens, it's hidden, but it's there. I wonder if the folks in California are paying that too. Waiting

Not much change in gas prices, what's that saying, "up like a rocket, down like a feather", well, we're feathering our gas prices here. We are just about the highest in the nation except for a few parts of California. As for temps, we will be below average for a while, mid to high 60's, then next week, down into the high 50's for a few days. Brrrrr....

Not much else going on here, got a few appointments and am in the process of making a few Christmas presents that should keep me busy for a while. I never know what to get some family members so I try to make something personalized that they can display. I can't say what because Pat is our webmaster and also my son, so I can't give anything away here.

So, that's it for now, have a great week, stay warm and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 12-05-2022, 06:22 AM