The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, a chilly and damp one by our standards. It rained all morning yesterday, over 1/2", with a reasonable chance for more today and tomorrow. So far the year's total is 5.68", about what some places can get in a day. My heart goes out for those still battling those blizzards.

Heading to Brenda's this morning, I hope they have enough food to serve. The word is out that the current owner has not been paying the former owner and she will be back tomorrow to take it back and possibly have a new owner waiting. In the meantime, they have not been restocking the pantry and have run out of things already. Brenda and her husband made a decent living when they owned it. Good food, reasonable prices and they knew all their regulars by name and treated them like family. As her husband puts it, this is a people business, the last two owners treated it like a numbers only business, never even said "good morning" to anyone. Anyway, come Monday, it will either be closed, or have another owner.

I started to work on my 3D wooden steam engine that I got for Christmas. "No glue required" says the box. It's not really a puzzle, but a step-by-step assembly. Step one has you put together the core that holds the spring. Just nine pieces that you have to assemble in a hole that's in a larger piece and cannot be pre-assembled away from the larger piece. It takes about a half-hour to get those nine pieces together, because it falls apart when you put in the last piece. So after about 42 attempts I put a rubber band to hold them in place and that worked until I got to step two and had to remove the band..... It is getting quicker to assemble those pieces, I can do it in less than ten minutes now. I do believe I am going to find a tube of CA today, that "No Glue" is a bunch of BS....

Take care everyone, have a good day and all stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 12-29-2022, 06:15 AM