The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, folks

Currently it is 39 heading up to 54.

For a light week it has been busy. I had to go work the last three days including today. My assignment is to make sure the contractor actually does nothing since they decided to shut down for the week. This contractor has a reputation for pulling fast ones and lives by the principle of “it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.” So far they have been good.

At home I was finally able to remove the lights and roof cover from the gazebo. I still need to bring in the electrical outlet. I may just move it closer to the garage that way I can use it for starting the snow blower.

For New Year’s Eve we are not planning much. It will be my wife, daughter, son, and myself. We will do our usual sit around and wait for the ball to drop, make some noise, and have a toast. Most likely we will be in bed by 12:30. I have some things I threw in the garage during the cold spell that I need to officially put away. I need to get a new “mop” so we can clean the downstair floors better. I had to toss the old one after it broke. Will ring in the new year with some laundry.

I test ran my new Athearn Genesis Western Maryland (circus scheme) F3A locomotives. They are nice runners.

I plan to run some trains. I am going to use the Athearn Genesis Western Maryland F3A locomotives to pull a coal drag. I then will be tuning up some coal hoppers and then organizing them. If time permits, I will add screws to coupler clips and change out the McHenry couplers on some Athearn and Roundhouse RTR cars. Another task will be searching through my stash of decals and dry transfers. I just acquired an unlettered Proto 1000 RDC that I plan to convert into a fantasy NYO&W scheme. I am also waiting for an unlettered BLI E6 4-4-2 that I will letter for Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines.

I hope everybody has a good day and a Happy New Year!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 12-30-2022, 08:16 AM