The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, folks

It is a mild 49 heading up to 58. We have some rain coming later today. Temperatures are supposed to be in the 60’s and 50’s all week.

I was checking and tuning up the coal hoppers I used in the last coal drag I ran. Checking is verifying coupler height, checking weight, and how well the car rolls. Tuning up is fixing any problems that arise from the checking. These cars are all Atlas and since they use Accumate couplers at the present I am not converting them to Kadee couplers since they have been performing well for me. I will eventually change them, but I have a big bunch of EZ-Mate and McHenry couplers to do first.

We did some minor cleaning around the house. I seasoned a new cast iron Dutch oven I got. We also made a run to the grocery store. We found a UPS store open, and my wife was able to drop off a package she needed to send.

Tonight, I need to run some boxes and other things up to the attic. I may try out a new mop we got for the floors in the kitchen, dining room, living room, and foyer.

I hope to continue checking and tuning up the previously mentioned hoppers. To break up things I have some Athearn RTR to change couplers on. Has anyone built one of the new Atlas Trainman kits. I pulled one out to look at later.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-03-2023, 07:45 AM