The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, not much going on, heard from my body shop, my part is coming in from....Japan. Icon_e_surprised Yeah, they make the truck in Kentucky, but spare parts are stored in Japan. Tracking says it will be here by Monday, so another week driving a rental. I'm sure that Geico is happy to hear that, costing them about $50 a day, plus of course, around $12,000 for repairs. Got to find out why I have to pay for 1/3 the cost of replacing the tire.

Got all the Christmas decorations put away, for some reason, this year there was very little enthusiasm for getting them up. Got to one point and stopped. Maybe because my wife used to spend days putting them up, maybe it's just because I'm getting old and tired. Waiting 

Nothing on the agenda for today so maybe I can work a bit on my wooden engine. I have a bunch of sub-assemblies just dangling and ready to fall off, I hope the next step shows how to secure them. Remember, no glue and the only metal part are the spring and bell, no fasteners or screws anywhere. I'm still confused about the direction of how something is suppose to go, the one sketch doesn't match the part and can go in backwards. And no, I cannot find anything on YouTube, I'd expect at least 7500 videos on how to put it together, but then they would be 15-20 hours long... at least.

Take care, have a good day, stay safe and stay dry. We've had almost an inch of rain this past week, some areas got more, so it's a good start for the year.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-04-2023, 06:08 AM