The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
I did put away the Apollo last night and got my coal drag back out - a couple of problematic locomotives and two hoppers that needed some attention.  Other than those tweaks and a couple of postings to Big Blue, it's been light on railroading this weekend.

Took the dog out for a hike this morning, got back and decided to attack on of the bride's items on her LIST.  These are inside jobs that she wants done sometime in the next 365 days.  Most of this stuff is on the unpalatable side for me, since I don't think any of these things really need to be done.  For domestic harmony, however, I began.  She wants new carpet on our stairs going down to the basement.  She's never down here, but....  Bought a remnant down at Ollies and lugged it home, tore out the old, painted the trim and got 4 of the 12 steps cut and installed before running out of staples for my air stapler.  Cut the rest of the carpet up and will finish the install tomorrow after a trip to Home Depot.

If I can knock that out quickly, looks like the afternoon might be available for some tree construction and installation around Mud Run.  If I get that accomplished, I've got some more ideas for paint detailing on the rock formations that run around that curve - the inspirations came while hiking at Rocks State Park where there's plenty of moss on most of the rocks up there.  Any luck and I'll be doing some ballasting this week.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 01-07-2023, 06:55 PM