The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Sunday morning to you all. Temp right now 48 heading to 68, a bit lower than yesterday. This week looks good, temps in the low to mid 70's until next Sunday when there's a really good chance of rain. Let's hope so, the news is talking about water conservation here and yet they're still building houses and apartments as fast as they can get people to build them. We have a large shopping center going in next to Costco, a few miles from my house, and next to that is a development of 500 new houses, next to that is a large development of condos. All this used to be farm land. The feds are talking about restricting water to farmers, so no need to wonder why food prices are heading to the moon.

Working on my gun stock, going pretty good for the first time I've tried something this complex. I need a new sanding belt, Home Depot and Loews is running around $16 for two belts, Harbor Freight, $9 for five. All look like the same quality, just the name changes, so we'll find out just how good the Harbor Freight ones are.

Gas up 10 cents, still not bad compared to a year ago, but in 1956, gas was 19 cents a gallon. Adjusted for inflation, that comes to $2.08. The inflation rate from 1956 is just shy of 1000%, gas though looks like around 1500%. Remember those years when the inflation rates were 1 or 2%?

Have a great day no matter what you're doing.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-08-2023, 06:59 AM