The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. 
         31 degrees and warming in southeast Ohio this morning but a little cloudy. 

Tom, I had DSL here when we first moved in and if was pretty fast. ATT offered me a faster service at no additional charge so I signed up for it. Next thing I knew there was a technician knocking on the door. He said I had to have a new gateway for the new service. I asked how much and it was only going to add 10 bucks a month to the bill so much for the "no additional cost"  I told him forget it and bit the bullet and had cable installed but I did leave the ATT in place just in case, and I use that every time my contract expires so when I call for a new rate that they insist isn't available except to new customers I tell them the next time I call I would be a new customer because I want to discontinue the service. It has worked for the last 9 years and I get the old rate. I get speeds up to 600mb but when I check it is usually only 300+, still plenty fast for my wife and I both to stream different shows.  Of course last week ATT had crews out taking down their wires so the ATT threat won't work anymore but T-Mobile has offered us service for 50 bucks a month but I am leery of their advertised speeds.  

Don, my opinion on the water crisis is there are too many people moving where there is no water along with poor management of the water resources that are available.  Good management does not wait for a crisis to solve a problem. The first thing they should have cut was generating. When this first started we had coal and nuclear plants that could have taken up the slack without increasing power rates. The drop in the head at Lake Mead has cut the power output from the same amount of water by at least 20 percent.  There are no alternatives for the food that irrigation has allowed to be grown. I seldom see mention of Lake Powell which is in the same shape.  I know we have had a few years without snow accumulating in the mountains which when melting supplies water for a longer time in spring and summer.  Isn't it interesting how this year it looks like we are going to develop that snow pack once again but that is cause for doom and gloom from the weather forecasters. 

I worked on a couple models last night. I got the SW7 running and now need to make the decals for it, and I also installed KayDee couples on several modern hoppers for a future Conrail train.

Tom, stay safe on your upcoming trip and enjoy your much faster internet.  Look into Acorn and Britbox streaming service. We love the British Mysteries on these 2 services, And especially the Brokenwood Murder Mysteries from New Zealand.

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 01-10-2023, 11:24 AM