The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, ready for another weekend? Can't believe it, but we're almost halfway through January. More storms hitting California, some heading our way, snow up in the high country travel on I-40 going to take a hit with snow, rain down this way starting Sunday. High temps yesterday and today in the mid-70's dropping to the 50's as soon as the rains come. Golly, some of those weathercasters get really big bucks for doing what I just did. I'd settle for just one day getting paid to be on the air. Either that, or just one play at a NFL game, just as long as I didn't have to go long for a pass....

Tom, I got a shot for Sacroiliitis a few weeks ago and that worked fine. What I got this time was an ablation, where they sever nerves that transmit the pain signals. They stick a RF probe around the spine, track it with a fluoroscope then zip the nerve. One day out and I'm doing a whole lot better. The best of luck with your procedure today.

Got to Step 20 on my wooden engine, now comes the hard part, wheels, boiler, pipes, stack. Pat says that he found similar engines where folks say they need an octopus to help them assemble it. I said, four hands and two feet, either aptly define the assembly process. And yeah, "No Glue" on the box doesn't mean it doesn't mean it. Rotate the engine and find parts falling off because they fit too loose.

Gas is holding steady for a few days, $3.35 is normal. Go 10 miles south of Phoenix (Casa Grande), and it's $2.66. Trucking a load of gas 10 miles to Phoenix or 30 to where I live has to be expensive. Who gets the difference?

Have a good day, stay out of the bad weather, there's lots of it around, stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-13-2023, 06:20 AM