The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people, forecast for today, 90% chance of rain, but wait, it is raining right now, so why not say 100%? It just made it to 60 yesterday, and lots of snow up north. Looks like the same for today.

Today we meet at a different restaurant for breakfast. Brenda's is closed now on Sunday and Monday until they can find a second cook. The cook that was there for 20 years, left to go live in Wisconsin with her son and they've been struggling to find a replacement. A sign on the door, "Help wanted, cook, waitress, dishwasher". Yet we have folks lined up for unemployment and we're paying them more than if they had to go to work. 35

Today is a holiday, not sure if my truck will be ready today if they're open. It has been ready to go for two weeks now, except that it lacks one piece of door trim and they cannot find a replacement anywhere in the world. The part that came from Japan was for the wrong door. There has to be a timeline for either getting me my truck back or replacing it. Right now, Geico is paying around $50 a day for my rental, the body shop doesn't get paid until they deliver the truck, and I'm without my truck and driving a vehicle I don't like. Hard to believe, but then there's that supply chain problem.... Waiting 

I hope everyone enjoys the day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-16-2023, 06:17 AM