The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, folks

It is 25 currently and with the wind blowing off the river this morning at the job site it feels quite a bit colder. They say our high will be 45.

Thus far everything has gone well after the back injection on Friday. I slept off the anesthesia for a good part of Friday. Over the weekend my biggest problem was trying to not “overdo it “as there was very little pain. I have some pain occasionally and the doctor did tell me there could be some over the next week or so. However, the pain is in the 1, 2 range not the 8, 9, 10 I was getting before the shot.

I went to the Greenberg Train Show on Saturday. My first go around was a disappointment as I found nothing that I had gone to the show in hopes of finding, The few things I found that did interest me were selling for MSRP. At first, I thought I made a mistake going as there were no bargains within the HO venders. However, on my second pass through I found some dealers with decent prices with some stuff that piqued my interest. I did find a couple of the Broadway Limited 6000 Gallon Tank Cars. Since they are coming out with a new run I wanted to get a couple of the current run to see how they looked and ran. I found a Rapido New Haven PA1 that I have been looking at for quite a while. The vendor’s price beat anything I had seen elsewhere. The surprise find was a Broadway Limited Jersey Central Mikado. Since CNJ steam is rare for me to find and I had not seen any BLI steam I grabbed it. I tested it last night and it runs well. It needs some cleaning and once in a while it stalls on switches at low speeds. I plan to run the PA tonight.

Around the house we put away Christmas decorations. We still have the tree and the outside stuff. We tried out the robot vacuum my daughter got us for Christmas and were pleased with the results. Also did a few other small chores.

Today is the first day back to work after the injection so we will see how I feel later and as to what I can do around the house this afternoon and evening. I hope to run some trains and work on checking, tuning up, and organizing the box cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-16-2023, 07:28 AM