The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, we are cold here, low morning temps forecasted in the 30's but as usual, they can't even agree on the current temps. One says it's 37 out, the other says 43. Regardless, it's still snowing up north and that's why we're cold down this way. It's great to have my truck back, I can pre-warm it before I get in. Remote start turns on the heated seats and steering wheel. Ahh, sweet technology...

Have not touched my wooden engine for a few days now. I need to regain partial sanity before I continue.

Just in case you missed it, there's a letter HERE from Mikey and myself regarding our finances. We've done very well now for 14 years keeping Big Blue running. We've held sales, had many auctions and thanks to our members, collected donations. Mikey and I have occasionally had to dip into our own resources, not often but that's what we did to get Big Blue going in the beginning. We've not asked for help these past few years, no auctions or sales, and so we're paying the price now because we just paid the bills  and our treasury is empty, pocket change is all we have, and so we're running a year-long fund raiser, we need to be ready the next time the bills come due or we'll be shutting Big Blue down and lose all that we've built up here, all the friends we've made and the thousands of photos (40,000 and counting), and tips in our database. 

Please read the letter and see what you can do to help. This is serious, we have all this year to work on this, we need your help to keep Big Blue alive, and we're counting on you however you choose to participate. Thanks....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-21-2023, 07:56 AM