The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 35 currently and raining. High will be 40.

I had a productive weekend around the house. We got all the Christmas decorations down and away except for the tree. It is taking us longer than normal to put things away due to both my wife and I having issues with our backs. Now that we both have had some treatments things are looking up and we are able to do more. I had to take apart our rug cleaner and perform a heavy-duty cleaning on it. This meant that I also had to do a heavy-duty cleaning on the kitchen sink and counters afterward. We introduced our robot vacuum to our bedroom. It did well. It found a slipper that had been missing for a year a more.

I also had a productive time with the trains. I checked and tuned up about a third of my boxcar collection. I began organizing it. The Athearn blue box kit cars took the longest as I usually had too add weight to them and washers to the trucks to make the couplers match the coupler gauge. There were a bunch of kits I built a few months ago that I needed to add metal wheels. When I built them, I was out of metal wheels. I am again out of metal wheels and waiting for resupply to arrive this week along with Kadee washers.

Today looks like a rainy muddy day on the job site. The wind will probably be cutting through to the bone. I hope we can start the Christmas tree decoration removal tonight. I am planning to continue working on the boxcars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-23-2023, 06:26 AM