The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 33 on its way to 44. We are expecting to get some heavy rain later today and tonight.

We had a crazy day on the job site yesterday. We were supposed to start a concrete pour at 8 AM. Due to running late getting some issues addressed the time was pushed back to 10. A little after 10 we get notification from the plant that they are shut down due to a area wide power outage. However, one truck got loaded and is enroute. The truck arrives and the contractor uses it to pour a pier which only requires one truck’s worth of concrete. We are unsure when the remaining 50 yards for the foundation slab are going to show up. Since this is a dam project the concrete mix is special and can’t produced at another plant so we were stuck waiting. Finally just before noon we got word the power was back on and the plant was operating. The first truck arrived on the job site a little after 1. Everything went fine until they realized when the last truck was unloading that they would need another. So we had to wait an hour for that truck. I finally left the job site at 5, so it was a ten and a half hour day for me.

Got home and did not do much except try to gte warm. I was cold to the bone from the wind. Later I did check and tune up a few boxcars.

Today should be an easy day at the site as half the crews are off due to the impending bad weather. I have some decoration bins to put up in the attic and then I hope to work on some more boxcars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-25-2023, 08:09 AM