The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, yeah, I think it's cold all over the country, wonder what happened to global warming? Still a bit chilly, but we are starting to get back to normal here, lows in the mid to high 40's, highs approaching the 70's. I went out yesterday afternoon without a jacket on and that says something. I have a friend that I'm not sure if he owns a pair of long pants, we meet at 6:00 for breakfast and he has shorts on, just like summer. We're headed up to Prescott tomorrow and it's suppose to be snowing there, I'm betting he'll still be wearing short pants, maybe a sweatshirt.

Gas is still heading up, Costco @ $3.44, others $3.53. That one station up by itself on US60 is still gouging at $4.99. Go to Tucson and get regular for $2.99 if you want to spend the time and gas to get there and back. Nope 

Eggs here running about $6.00 a dozen. Lots of folks trying to bring back cheaper eggs from Mexico, only to get them confiscated at the border crossing. The could get a $30,000 fine, all for a dozen eggs.

Going to have a relaxing day, there are two games on, but I'm not sure how much of them I'll watch, I'm frustrated with sports anymore. I see where some players coming out of high school are asking colleges for up to $800,000 a year to play now that it's OK for college players to get paid. One asked for $500,000 plus his girlfriend gets a fully paid scholarship to the law school. What are we bringing up, doesn't anyone want to actually earn their way through life? It used to be an honor to play for a big named school, now it's all about the money. Curse

Take care my friends and have a great day and stay off the freeways if you can....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-29-2023, 06:45 AM