The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It was 31 when I headed out this morning at 5:30. On my way to work I encountered a snow squall which dumped enough snow that the roads were covered in a matter of minutes. Currently at 8:30 the temperature is now 22 and heading down. By midnight it is supposed to be 17. Not much happening on the job site so this will be a good day to catch up on paperwork in the warm trailer.

Yesterday my wife and I were supposed to go to therapy. I sat down on the couch and passed out for the next few hours. I did not realize how exhausted I was. My wife called and rescheduled therapy. When I finally got up and started moving around I had to clean the Guinea pig cage and take the trash out to the curb. I did get some train time in and checked some boxcars. I am little annoyed as three brand spanking never opened Intermountain boxcars were broken. In all three cases the damage was on the side you can’t see from the outside. Luckily it was nothing serious. Doors off two of the boxcars and a ladder off the third car. The repairs should be easy and accomplished with a little glue.

Today on the way home I have to drop my car off for state inspection and an oil change. On the way back from the dealer my wife and I will meet up with my daughter and grab dinner. The weekend will be spent inside doing chores and finally getting the Christmas tree down and put away.

I could have worked on Saturday but with the car in the shop I have no transportation. I might have to work Sunday. The project designer is taking soil borings to locate the bedrock in the area where a proposed wall is planned. If they don’t finish Saturday I might have to go in Sunday for a few hours.

I really want to run trains but I can’t. The layout is currently filled with organized boxcar box piles. I am ready to put the 40 foot wood boxcars and 60 foot boxcars in bins. I still have some 40 foot steel and 50 foot boxcars to finish tuning up before I can put them away.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-03-2023, 07:56 AM