The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 36 currently. High will be 48. Far cry from Saturday when the high was 26.

I had a pretty good weekend. We finally got the tree down, boxed, and store away. One of my cats is very upset with me for taking away his tree. He did not climb it this year but lounged under it every chance he got. I got the car inspected and we did the grocery store and produce store runs. My wife is feeling more adventurous. She went into a store by herself while I hit the grocery store. Normally she is very nervous about her ability to walk and stand for long periods of time. However, switching orthopedic doctors seems to be the trick as the new doctor is treating the source of the pain instead of just giving her pain medications like the other was. Sunday went to Delaware to get gas. I paid $2.43 with my grocery store rewards which was a dollar off each gallon. Of course, we did a little laundry.

I am about 95% done checking, tuning up, and organizing my boxcar collection. I have about a dozen cars to check and tune up and about five that need some type of repairs. I began putting them in bins. Thus far I have done the 36 FT, 50 FT, 60 FT, and 40 FT wood boxcars. I still have the 40 FT steel cars to do.

Today has already been interesting. The concrete pour for this morning is on hold. The contractor failed to cover the area with blankets and have heat applied. Temperature was 31 at 6:30 this morning. Temperature in the pour area needs to be a minimum of 40 for three hours before they can pour. This means the earliest they can pour would be 10.

At home I need to move furniture back into place that moved for Christmas. Work on some laundry.

I would like to finish those last boxcars and put away the 40 FT steel ones so I can run some trains again. Today one of my longest pursuits is scheduled to arrive. I have been trying to get a Rapido steam generator car in New York Ontario & Western for over a year. Every time I tried in the past the price when way over my limit. Some of the cars sold for $200. I paid $64 each for Amtrak and PRR ones from the latest run. Since this car is out of production and popular, I figured I would have to pay more. Somehow, I lucked out and won it for $50. The question is are there any issues not shown in the photos. I think the car was listed in the wrong category. It was listed under diesel locomotives.

Charlie, I hope everything works out and there are no more issues from the derailment.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-06-2023, 07:12 AM