The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks.

It is 45 on its way to 62. We had some sprinkles a little while ago and may get some more.

I am in recovery mode today. At work we had a 240 cubic yard concrete pour starting at 6 AM. This meant I had to be at the trailer at 4:30 AM to do some prep work. Then out to site about 5:30 to make sure everything was ready. At 6 the concrete trucks started to arrive. Originally, we were scheduled for 200 yards which equals 20 trucks. My job was to collect the delivery tickets, verify the concrete was the correct mix, and that the trucks had not timed out. We were pouring in two locations due to the size of the foundation slab so I was running back and forth. A few trucks did not have the paperwork so I had to speak with the concrete supplier’s QC person who was onsite. As the pour neared its end 4 additional trucks were added. The first 18 did good arriving by 9:30. The last 6 trucks were spread out over the next two hours. Next week we pour the top of the slab which will be approximately 180 to 200 yards.

After work I had to take my wife to the first of three doctor appointments this week. This was the orthopedic doctor for her knees. They discussed her options. She is a candidate for surgery down the road but they don’t want to do it unless there is nothing else. The doctor would like to put her on some anti-inflammatory medications but can’t currently since she is on a blood thinner as a result of her having a blood clot nearly two years ago. She needs to see the hematologist to see if she can come off the blood thinner. The hematologist mentioned about a year ago of her coming off of it.

I did not get any train time yesterday.

Not sure how today will shake out. We have number two doctor appointment for the wife. This is with a new primary care doctor. She is changing doctors since our current doctor has been missing since December. Every time we call the office, they say he will be back next month. No word on why he has been absent for the last three months. We have had issues with the other doctors and office staff in this practice to the point where we do not want to deal with them. The only reason we stuck it out so long is we have been using our current doctor for the last 15 years and he took such great care of my father-in-law. We followed him into the current practice when he joined them during the pandemic which forced him to give up his solo practice.

I am thinking more and more about DCC so I will be posting a question later in the DCC forum.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-15-2023, 08:00 AM