The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 45 going up to 59.

With the warm weather the problem with the local street urchins has popped up again on the job site. Last week they broke the windows out of a brand new Cat off road dump truck. Over the weekend they tipped over all the porta potties on the site. Empty beer cans and liquor bottles are littered throughout the site.

This weekend was one where it seemed like nothing got done. Everything we started got halted at some point. My wife sold something online but could not send as the website had the wrong weight so the mailing label and price charged to the buyer was incorrect. She spent all weekend trying to resolve it and hopefully it is finally done. We went to the post office that is open later on Saturday like we normally do but upon arrival find out that their Internet is down so they can’t process any transactions. Since the item is a return my wife wants a receipt with the tracking information, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Couldn’t do laundry since my daughter was doing her’s. We did get to the produce store, the grocery store, and most importantly the pharmacy. The doctor is changing some of my wife’s medications and we needed the new sizes to begin the change over the weekend.

I inventoried five boxcars that I had repaired. Three of them were brand new Intermountain cars that came with a ladder off and doors off that all required gluing. Next I decided to install a decoder in a DCC ready loco but that did not go well. The loco which ran fine a couple of months ago now barely ran and stalled on switch frogs. Upon inspection I found it soaked in oil and grease. In addition, the wires for the wheel contacts fell off when I was disassembling the trucks. The wires look corroded and brittle. Now my new project is to clean and repair the loco and then install the decoder.

My wife has an MRI this evening so I am not sure if I will get to work on the loco tonight or not.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-20-2023, 08:16 AM