The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 43 and the wind is howling. They say the high for the day is 50 but that must have happened already since the temperature has been dropping since I have been awake at 5 AM. It is supposed to bottom out at 26.

Since it was still pleasant when I got home I was able to sweep and rake the carport area. Later I threw a couple of loads of laundry in the washer and dryer.

I finished the DCC install. I am disappointed. The decoder install was a success. The locomotive ran well with the decoder. I was able to solder the wires back on the contacts which ended the stalling issue on the switch frogs. However, there are several problems with the locomotive that will require more attention and parts. As a result I will be converting it back to DC and using the decoder in another loco.

We will be doing some cleaning around the house this weekend including that pesky laundry. We have some things to do outside in the yard and gardens but with it being cold on Saturday they will not get done. Not sure if Sunday will be a better day to do them.

I will be converting the loco I just finished adding a decoder back to DC. There are several issues with the locomotive that require more attention than I currently have patience for and I need to order some parts. I will be looking for another locomotive I can use the decoder in. I have a few more boxcars to tune up. Maybe I will decide what project to do next on the layout. Lastly, run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-24-2023, 08:28 AM